How to get started…
Our Archery GB qualified coaches will enjoy assisting you in trying out this fantastic sport, so if you want to sign up for a taster session
Our regular taster sessions run on the first Friday of each month..
Please contact us using the contact form under ‘Contact Us’, we can give you more details and book you on the session.
The next step…
A beginners course is the way to go. We have Archery GB trained coaches who follow the Archery GB training schedule and are up to date with their CRB and DBS checks alongside constantly developing coaching methodology.
ARCHERY BEGINNERS COURSES.
ARCHERY BEGINNERS COURSE?…………WHAT’S THAT ABOUT ?
Of course, we need to remember that this is classified as a dangerous sport, therefore we want to set you off on the right path for safety alongside the enjoyment, personal achievement and even the social aspects. Archery is actually one of the safest sports you can try? It’s true! Archery is safer than football, rugby, basketball, baseball and even golf. To be able to take up the sport within a club environment you must have taken a recognised Archery GB course.
* Griffin Archers run beginner’s courses are led by Archery GB Qualified Archery Coaches throughout the year.
* Our courses are recognised Archery GB courses and certificates will be issued to all who attend all sessions, take part, pass required safety elements and hopefully find a new sport to participate in.
* On completion the certificate may be used at any Archery GB affiliated club as proof that you have met the requirements to shoot safely and become a novice archer. Many clubs have membership criteria so, if you meet all a club’s criteria you may be eligible to join. We hope you will first of all consider joining Griffin Archers. The course will have given you an opportunity to get to know us a bit and we will welcome new members, using our passport scheme to assist with archery, equipment, coaching and mentoring.
* Membership details can be found on the website.
ABOUT THE BEGINNERS COURSE;
- The maximum number of participants on any of our courses is twelve, this to ensure you receive quality instruction as the course not only gives instruction on safety but gives coaching help as well. The number of coaches will increase dependant on the number of participants.
- Our courses are held at our normal shooting location, and consist of structured sessions that cover all aspects of current AGB requirements. Please contact us to be advised on the next course.
You will need to be able to attend all your course sessions to receive your certificate
- We have a 7 yrs old minimum age for Beginners courses and all juniors up to age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Vulnerable adults are encouraged to bring a friend or carer with them if they would feel more comfortable. Our Child, Young Person and Vulnerable Adult policy is available on the website and works in conjunction with Archery GB’s policies.
- Our club is totally inclusive, our location is accessible, has plenty of parking and our coaches have experience of training and adapting to all abilities, age groups and those with special needs. Please mention any specific needs upon booking and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- The cost for the course is £50 per Adult and £40 per Junior paid in full prior to the start of the course and is non-refundable. Cheques payable to Griffin Archers, other methods of payments should be discussed with the committee (email@example.com)
Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Griffin Archers will provide all the equipment necessary for the course, all we ask of you is that you wear comfortable close fitting clothing to avoid the bow string catching on your clothing. This includes the tie strings for hoodies and flowing open cardigans.
Similarly long hair may need to be tied back and nose, ear, eyebrow etc. piercings be removed for safety. Long or dangly earrings may also need to be removed.
Enclosed toe footwear is mandatory, not sandals, flip/flops or crocs etc. We cannot allow you to participate in unsafe footwear, our insurance through Archery GB states as such.
A safety talk will be part of the introduction, this will include basic warm up and cool down exercises to care for your muscles, and every participant will be as safe as is possible as long as they take part, concentrate and listen.
IF YOU HAVE DONE ARCHERY BEFORE AND BEEN CERTIFICATED A WHILE AGO …..
OR HELD GNAS MEMBERSHIP, IT’s LAPSED AND YOU WISH TO JOIN US AT GRIFFIN ARCHERS…..?
Don’t fret, its an easy way to get back into Archery. Come and chat to our coaches and they will assess your performance and bring you up to date, but if necessary we may advise you redo the beginners course.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION……?
If you have more questions regarding beginner’s courses or you wish to join Griffin Archers after a break from archery, please contact us by e-mail using the Contact form under ‘Contact Us’.
While you may have to wait a short while before you come along we encourage you to research Archery GB http://www.archerygb.org/archery/3064.php, and possibly read the book they recommend.
Or download Kindle versions for free or reasonable prices