Skip to content
mobile phone

Do you need to talk? Here at Griffin Archers, we want everyone who visits our website to understand that we want them to find the help and support they need if they are suffering in any way with mental health problems or issues. Here are some useful contact numbers:

Contact your local NHS mental health helpline. Most areas will have one. In some areas this service is called the Single Point of Access team. You can find details of your local NHS urgent mental health helpline at: Alternatively, you can call 111 to ask them for details. This team can refer you to NHS services for treatment. They can also tell you about local support services such as Crisis Cafes.

doctor wearing a mask

Ask your GP for an emergency appointment. GP’s usually keep a number of appointments free for urgent cases. The GP can make a referral to the local crisis team if necessary.

You can contact NHS 111. Use option 2. The phone line is for when you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency. You can call 111 option 2, if you don’t know who to call or don’t have a GP to call. It’s also available for when you need health information or reassurance about what to do next. Visit the NHS website.

Use Shout text service. You can text Shout to 85258 to connect with a trained person to help you. See for more information.

For more emotional support and /or someone to listen to you:

Feeling depressed?

Samaritans. To talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call 116123 (free from any phone), email or visit some branches in person.

Support Line. They provide a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue. Their opening hours vary, so you need to ring them for details on 01708 765200, or email on They also have a website:

SANEline. If you’re experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else, you can call SANEline on 0300 304 7000 (4.30pm – 10.30pm every day). Alternatively, they also have a website.

The MIX. If you’re under 25, you can call the MIX on 0808 8084994 (Sunday to Friday, 2pm – 11pm), request support by email using this form on the MIX website or use their crisis text messenger service.

Papyrus HOPELINEUK. If you’re under 35 and struggling with suicidal feeling, or concerned about a young person who might be struggling, you can call Papyrus HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 (weekdays 10am – 10pm, weekends 2pm – 10pm, and bank holidays 2pm – 10pm). Alternatively, email or text 07786 209697.

Campaign against living miserably (CALM). If you identify as male, you can call CALM on 0800 585858 (5pm – midnight every day) or use their webchat service.

Nightline. If you’re a student, you can look on the Nightline website to see if your university or college offers a night-time listening service. Nightline phone operators are all students too.

Switchboard. If you identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual or transgender, you can call Switchboard on 0300 330 0630 (10am – 10pm every day). Alternatively, you can email or use their webchat service. Phone operators all identify as LGBT+.